Disclosure: I am an affiliate of the companies, products, and services covered in this site to help my audiences reach their goals. If you purchase through my link, I get paid for the referral at no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more info. I sincerely thank you for your support.
Are you wondering how to optimize a blog for SEO? If you’re like many new bloggers around the world or new beginners who want to start a blog, your answer is probably yes.
Here today, i am going to discuss the detailed answer to rank your blog on the search engine’s top page.
SEO is the only way to grow your blog organically. In addition, the right SEO-related guidance can do wonders to enhance the traffic and make money blogging. But for this, you need to know how do bloggers do SEO.
According to stats, the bloggers who know how to optimize a blog for SEO have 126% more chances of growth. But many elements combine and make up the SEO growth ranking and traffic. So, we start to learn this exciting topic with this:
What is SEO?
“SEO is like the resume; you polish it to get good results.”
SEO stands for search engine optimization. Blogging is becoming one of the top professions in this digital world. However, many people don’t know how to write SEO, friendly blog posts.
In simple words, SEO is a vast term that covers all those techniques that help improve the website’s position.
The Importance of SEO
SEO consists of multiple things and different elements that help to grow the blog and traffic.
Furthermore, SEO is significant because it makes the website more visible. In the end, you get more chances to convert more visitors into loyal customers and start to make money blogging.
We are explaining a few points that will explain how bloggers do SEO and why it is vital.
Visibility and Ranking:
One of the most vital SEO features is that it enhances the site’s Google ranking and visibility.
It means the higher you rank on the search engine; there are more chances to increase your page SERP.
As a result, more people see and click on your site, which ultimately helps to earn more money online.
Increased traffic is another top goal of SEO.
If we look at the stats, then more than 33% of the clicks go to Google’s first page. Moreover, more than 75% of clicks are for the first five rankings of the search engine. So, it needs to implement SEO strategies to rank the website on the search engine’s first page.
Long Term Benefits:
The concept of website authority is relatively new but increasing day by day. It will affect your website in the long term.
The word authority means that your site is trustworthy and has something relevant to offer. So, if the ranking is high, then more people will trust you and your brand.
Apart from this, better SEO tactics help to grow the page rapidly. In addition to this, SEO creates a better visitor experience and usability of the site.
How To Optimize A Blog For SEO?
Now we head towards a primary question and learn how to optimize a blog for SEO.
There are many ways to publish and write SEO-friendly blogs posts. But it would help if you have an expert guide to learn how do bloggers do SEO. Before explaining other things, look at these essentials to start a blog.
- Choose the right hosting provider.
- Decide the niche as per your interest.
- Wisely choose the domain name.
- Choose the best CMS (Contact management system)
- Buy an SSL certificate for robust security.
- Select the eye-catching theme
- Last but not least, pay attention to optimize a blog SEO to improve the user experience.
7 Tips to Write SEO Friendly Blog Posts
1) Content Writing To Optimize A Blog For SEO:
Content plays a vital role in ranking the website on the first page of google.
According to a recent of bloggers, more than 65% of the businesses have blogs. But up to 60% of companies don’t update their blogs on regular terms.
So, it is one of the biggest obstacles to rank the blog. In simple words, SEO is a science and art. So, small changes can make significant impacts to gain more traffic.
Now we explain how content optimization can play an essential role in increasing the chances of better ranking.
Most readers scan the web page before they start reading.
So, it would help if you write visually impactful content to grab the reader’s attention. However, for this, you need to work on the structure of the writing.
You can follow the following format to make the visuals eye-catching. However, here is the autonomy of all rules that helps to create good content.
Moreover, dividing the writing into short paragraphs by using catchy headlines. It is always better to define concepts in bullet points. In addition to this, data charts, graphics, and pictures have a good impact on readers.
Firstly, understand the type of content you will write for your blog. Below is some common types of content you can publish:
- “How-to” Content
- “What is” Content
- “Why” Content
- “Checklists” Content
- Video tutorials
- Industry news
- Current events
- Case studies
- Product reviews
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Beginner guides
- Event summaries
- Monthly stats & progress updates
- Galleries and photo albums
According to research in 2020, the content with video and infographics has more shares performs better in the search results.
#Content Length and Quality:
if you want to know how to write SEO-friendly blog posts, then pay attention to content length. Content length is different according to every niche. However, you can decide the word count based on website type. But according to the general rule, the content above 1000 words does better in search results. There are two Googles algorithms to evaluate the blog content.
- Hummingbird: It favors in-depth, comprehensive, and authoritative content.
- Rank brain: It favors content that is easy to read, helpful, and comprehensive.
Grammarly is a tool that will help to eliminate writing errors. Moreover, Plagiarism Checker is a tool to help you check the originality of content. Both of these tools help you make sure your content is content friendly under Google’s algorithms,
2) Keyword Research To Optimize A Blog for SEO:
Good Keyword Research = Good Optimization = Good Results
The success of content writing depends on the keyword that you use to write content. If you don’t put keywords in the right place, there is no point in writing long-form content. These are steps that you need to take to decide the direction of your keyword research.
- The first step is to straight the direction of your niche and keyword research. In simple words, identify the main Keywords related to your post
- In the second step, see the keyword’s demand curve and make sure your keyword that have search volume. Moreover, focus on the long-tail keyword with less difficulty level and more traffic.
- Furthermore, don’t forget to search the related keywords in google to optimize a blog for SEO.
- In the end, run the competitor analysis to see the trends and keywords that your competitors are following. Also, look at the difficulty report and always choose the keywords with less difficulty, i.e. less competition.
This part of the keyword is related to write SEO-friendly blog posts by putting a selected keyword. It is vital to tell how we can place keywords in the right place to get the desired results. For this, we need to focus the keyword on the following sections.
- URL: Include your keyword in the URL slug after the domain name. Apart from this, try to keep the URL short, precise, and to the point.
- Page Title: don’t forget to use the keyword in the title of your writing while uploading.
- H1: The main heading of the writing is the H1. So, use the keyword in the main header according to the required density.
- The first paragraph of the writing: After taking a start, use the keyword in the first line of the text. If you can’t use it in the first line, then use it in the first paragraph.
- H2 & H3: Apart from the H2, use the exact keyword or copy of the writing’s in other headings.
You can use SEMrush to find the right keywords for a better ranking on search engines. Above all, It offers you to see the difficulty report and competitor analysis to prepare a better writing strategy.
3) How Do Bloggers do SEO? Link Building:
There are three types of links that are the backbone to optimize a blog for SEO. We are highlighting here:
- Internal links
- External links
#Use internal links
If you don’t include an internal link, visitors will not be able to visit your site’s other pages.
Moreover, internal links help the search engine to understand the structure of your site. So, make it a habit to include the internal link while uploading the content to your website.
You can link up the related pages of your website using this option. In this way, the visitor will be on your website even if he wants to read anything else.
#Use External links
External links is to link to another blog from your post. With the external links, you can improve your reader’s experience. It’s excellent proof for your reader that you researched while writing down the content.
So, it’s always a good idea to add the link to a few authoritative websites in writing. You could just link to a page that you referenced in your content, or other resources to link to your articles, for example, infographics, video, eBooks, image sources, or apps.
Apart from this, it is a great way to build networking and relationships with other sites and bloggers.
If you want to build your blog’s authority, then you can’t undermine the importance of backlinks. In simple words, we call this method guest posts. There are the following ways to earn a guest blog post.
- Guest podcasting
- Directory submission
- Blog commenting
- Guest broadcasting
- And guest blogging
Prettylinks is a plugin that allows you to manage your social links, redirects, and affiliate links much easier. It also helps to implement the shorten URL. As a result, while guest posting, you don’t need to use the long link. Instead, you can deploy a short URL for social or marketing purposes.
4) Meta Description To Optimize A Blog For SEO:
A meta description is a thing that you see in the search bar of the search engine. In other words, the purpose of including the meta description is to define the content even before clicking the site. So, there are specific rules that you need to follow to optimize a blog for SEO. We start with the first one:
- It is mandatory to include your keyword at least one time in the meta description.
- Moreover, the meta description should be between 60-120 words. If you write a story more than the said words, then Google will not show it complete. So, it’s better to follow the count instead of running the interface.
Like meta description, don’t forget to pay attention to the meta title. Moreover, keep in consideration to add one copy of your keyword in the meta title as well.
5) Image Optimization:
If you search how to write SEO-friendly blog posts, you will find out that bloggers pay attention to even tiny details. So, image optimization is one of those small details. The search engine can’t read the fancy images unless you optimize them. There is no point in adding images without keyword optimization. So, it would help if you consider these rules.
- Resize the image and make sure that the picture doesn’t have more than the required size
- If the image’s size is more than the required limit, then reduce it because it directly affects the page speed.
- Add the image alt text to explain the meaning of the image. So, always add a meaningful description to show the connection with the keyword.
- Above all, it is vital to mention that always use the original image to avoid copyright claims. If you don’t use authentic photos, then it can negatively affect your blog.
6) Page Speed to Optimize A blog for SEO:
How do bloggers do SEO? So, the answer to this question is that they pay serious attention to page pace.
It is the main factor to improve website ranking. It means a website that has a reasonable speed has the highest-ranking possibilities.
Google prefers those websites that have good loading time and page speed. Google recommended the best page load time is under two seconds. In short, the faster, the better, so check for the tips to improve the loading time.
Mobile-friendly themes to improve speed:
In addition to this, it would help if you select mobile responsive themes. As per data, more than 70% audience reaches the website using mobile screens. If you want to target 70% of your audience, choose a mobile responsive theme. Moreover, Google is also changing its index to “MOBILE FIRST.”
My recommended theme: GeneratorPress, K
Use the lazy load to improve loading time:
It is another great tip to improve the speed of the website. So if you are using WordPress, then there is an option to install the WP Rocket plugin. It is an awesome speed optimization plugin that helps you to speed up your site.
As a new blogger, you may also consider a plugin named Smush, an award-winning image compression plugin for WordPress. turn on the lazy load. The combination of these plugins will help too.
- Optimize images
- Reduce the speed over time
- Leverage browser caching
Apart from this, ensure that your hosting is providing the fastest speed and loading time. In addition to this, don’t forget to choose a theme that is fast yet user-friendly.
If you want to check the page speed to optimize a blog for SEO, we have a suggestion. You can use the Google page speed and Gtmetrix to see the loading time of your website. Moreover, it is free of cost, and you can get the result by entering the URL.
7)Install the tools to keep an eye on Stats:
The other important step is to install the tools to keep an eye on the stats. These plugins are free yet easy to use.
Moreover, you can take measures to improve your actions and results. So, these tools are:
Google Analytics uses to check the progress and analytics of the blog. So, it would help if you have Google analytics linked with your site. According to studies, Google takes the data from Google analytics to rank the site. in fact, almost all successful websites use Google Analytics to keep an eye on traffic.
Google Search Console:
Apart from Google Analytics, the Google Search Console is another greatest and free tool to track performance. It shows an analysis of the backlinks and warns if the website is having any problems. Also, it is great to link Google Analytics with the search console.
Apart from these tools, there are few others that you can use to check the indexing of your blog. So, we are highlighting here:
These tools help to optimize a blog for SEO by providing an extra eye to look at the critical stats. So, one shouldn’t undermine the importance of these if it’s about blog ranking.
My Final Suggestion:
If you want to take advantage of all the above tips to optimize a blog for SEO or want to learn more about SEO, Yes, WEALTHY AFFILIATE could be your savior and one-stop shop. I started my first blog with Wealthy Affiliate back in 2016, and through the years, i have learned all the knowledge about blogging and become a blogger who earns over 4 digital online incomes per month.
With this helping hand, you can get the following things on one platform at an affordable price.
- Get the hosting service with a robust security feature.
- Thousands of free mobile responsive themes
- Domain name
- Keyword research tool
- Training program to learn how to write SEO friendly blog posts with many other things
- Affiliate marketing is an extra feature that provides you a chance to earn money.
Do you enjoy this article about How To Optimize A Blog For SEO? Please feel free to leave me a comment below if you did or if you have any questions about SEO!
Recommended Resources on Roseblogsmart.com:
- What Is A Blog and How Does Blogging Work? (Let’s Learn All About BLOGGING!)
- How to Create a Blog for Free and Make Money
- 7 Best Free Blogging Platform For Beginners?
- How To Find Blog Niches That Make Money – 5 Easy Steps to Find Your Perfect Niche!
- How To Earn Money Online Without Investment(Free and Low Cost)
- Why Should I Start A Blog? 9 Reasons You Should Start Now!
- Social Media Marketing For Beginners – 12 Best Tips To Use Social Media Marketing To Boost Blog Traffic
- How Affiliate Marketing Works? Be A Successful Affiliate Marketer
Hey, I’m Rose, the founder of RoseBlogSmart, a blog about how to make money blogging. I’ve tried many ways of making money online, but most of it is crap! But I finally found a legit way to make passive income from home that I can actually recommend – Become a full-time Blogger. Click here to learn more about how to start money blogging for beginners!