Disclosure: I am an affiliate of the companies, products, and services covered in this site to help my audiences reach their goals. If you purchase through my link, I get paid for the referral at no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more info. I sincerely thank you for your support.
How To Make Money Blogging For Beginners? and How To Start A Profitable Blog in 2021? If this question is popping up in your mind, you will get an answer in a few minutes.
There are enormous ways to make money from blogging. But for this, you need to learn How do beginner bloggers make money. Some people want to start their online careers. But you need proper guidance and knowledge before getting into this. So, I designed a few questions that you need to ask yourself before starting something.
- How to start a blog for free and make money?
- How do beginner bloggers make money and grow?
- Do bloggers make good money and How do bloggers get paid??
- What type of blogs makes the most money?
- Is it realistic to make money blogging?
A Quick Guide: How To Make Money Blogging for Beginners
Nowadays, thanks to our advanced technology, it’s effortless to start and earn money with blogging, even if you don’t know anything about coding.
It means that you only need the right tools and knowledge to get into the online world. But when we talk about what is a blog, we can’t forget those steps that play a vital role in starting one.
So, here we are elaborating on actions that you need to take to earn money online.
- Select a perfect niche to earn money online
- Choose a blogging platform.
- Now pick the domain name.
- Get web hosting
- Select the theme and design for your blog
- Write content and start to promote your blog.
- Now search for ways to make money from blogging.
After reading the steps about How To Make Money Blogging for Beginners, you have got the idea that two things are critical. Yes, the first one is how to choose your blog niche, and the second one is your blogging platform’s choice, and the second one is the content. So, we start to discuss these two main things here.
How To Make Money Blogging For Beginners – Step 1: Build Your Blog
People who want to share their thoughts with the public should know that blogging is best for them. We have put together the things that will lead you towards a successful blog.
The above ladder is describing the steps that will take you towards a successful blog. So, let’s start elaborating on each one.
1. Set Goals:
I know there is a question popping up in your mind about How To Make Money Blogging for Beginners.
But believe me, it’s possible to make money online!
(Related reading: 10 Real Stories of Successful Blogger)
Firstly, in this regard, we should focus on setting our goals in the right direction. Our plans can lead us towards a path of earning money. Apart from the purposes, you need to ask yourself:
- Why are you starting a blog?
- Are you searching for the types of blogs that make money?
- If you want to make money with blogging, then what is your earning target?
- Do you have ideas to start a blog for free and make money?
At the very first step, it is vital to find an answer to these questions. So, is it realistic to make money blogging? You can read about other bloggers and success stories to get an idea. We are quoting an example here that will give you the motivation to start blogging right away.
Example: Arianna Huffington, one of the world’s famous bloggers, co-founder of HuffPost, earns around 500 million dollars a year. She started as a current affairs commentary blogger in 2005 and has developed her blog into a full-blown media empire – Huffington Post after six years. And then it was then acquired by AOL for $315 million.
Definitely, you aren’t going to make this much money (but who knows actually !!), however, it shows that blogger is a potential business to earn money. That means you can’t earn 500 million dollars a year as a beginner, but the right direction can help you to make money online and build your own business online.
2.Choose A Blog’s Topic:
After setting realistic goals, we now move towards the second step of How To Make Money Blogging for Beginners: Choose the blog’s topic.
It is another vital step that will define the future of your blog.
But we want to mention one thing here that always choose a subject you have your interest. If you go with a trendy niche, then after some time, you will lose interest.
You know 90% of bloggers quit in six months because they do not choose the area of their interest!! As Ron Dawson said;
“The first thing that is vital to decide is what you want to accomplish and what it can do for you.”
If you choose the right niche for your blog, then there are chances that you can make a profit in the first months of your blog.
In this writing, we can give you hundreds of ideas of profitable niches, but it is not fair to choose a subject like this. In this way, you can’t earn money with blogging. You should select the perfect field for which you won’t regret it later.
You should consider these important points while choosing a niche;
- Is the chosen niche profitable?
- Are you passionate about that niche?
- Do you enjoy learning about that topic?
- And don’t forget to search how many people are interested in the same thing? For example, as you see below, there 274,000,000 results when you search for the topic “How to become a vegetarian” on Google, which means there has a large number of people interested in this topic.
Profitability and passion are the main things to consider before starting a blog. But don’t choose something very specific or too broad.
3.Choose the Right Platform To Earn Money With Blogging:
- Wealthy Affiliate
Wealthy Affiliate is a training program with a combination of software, web hosting, and digital marketing opportunities. It is among those most amazing one-stop shops that can help to earn money with blogging. Furthermore, here are these highlighted features that are enough to attract you.
- Wealthy affiliate is the best platform that teaches how beginner blogs make money. In addition to this, the training program of wealthy affiliate helps to learn skills quickly.
- Wealthy affiliate has a collaboration with Jaaxy.com. Due to this great collaboration, you can find millions of keywords.
- More than 3000 free themes and website templates are enough to make the website eye-catching.
- Above all, you can get web hosting, domain name even if you don’t have coding skills.
- Wealthy Affiliate offers Free Starter Membership Accounts without any credit card information needed and no time limit.
Given that, it is vital to mention here that a wealthy affiliate is best for beginner bloggers due to training programs. Best of all, you can start with Wealthy Affiliate for Free to lower your cost at the beginning if you are still unsure about How To Make Money Blogging for Beginners
Bluehost is one of the most credible names in web hosting. There are around 2 million worldwide users of this fantastic service. Moreover, due to the large-scale offerings, they can offer discounts on services.
It was founded in 2003, and since then, it is growing with every passing day. Along with the cheap and reliable web hosting services, there are many other offerings. In short, Bluehost provides many products and services which help to start a website or online business.
|Hosting Service Name||Blue Host|
|Speed||405 MS (Feb 2018- January 2020)|
|Uptime||99.99% (February 2018- January 2020)|
|Apps||WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and other website builders|
|Features||Unmetered bandwidth with ample storage, email accounts, and a free domain for one year|
|Pricing||Starting from the 2.75$/month (Renewing fee 7.99$/month)|
The particular focus of this credible team is to build trust by focusing on the client’s needs. In short, it is a one-stop shop that leads you towards the road of your dream.
However, Bluehost doesn’t offer any free trial, and it started at $2.75/month.
It is the last and most important thing to perform. If you do not do this step appropriately, there is no purpose to go through all the above hard steps.
Now you will write an exciting blog according to the niche selected by you. Your blog should be interesting.
- You should use images and other catchy things to make it attractive and informative for new readers.
- You should consider Important rules of SEO if you want to rank your blog on the first pages of google. Without proper SEO, there is no point in writing and publishing something as people will not see this.
- The third most important thing while writing is to do the keyword research according to your niche, your keywords should have less competition and long tail.
- It is essential to spread your keyword in the whole blog efficiently. So, the keyword’s ideal density should be 3-4% of the entire length of the article.
- Your blog title should include the keyword of your article for better ranking results.
- Do not ever try to copy others’ content and images; always use copyright-free photos and content for your blog.
After writing an interesting blog, the next and last step is to publish that blog online. You will press the “PUBLISH” button to make your blog live on your website.
How To Make Money Blogging For Beginners – Step 2: Grow Your Blog
After establishing the blog, the next step is to Grow Your Blog. You can’t start to earn money online without proper marketing measures. In this section, we are showing some ways How do beginner bloggers make money and grow, and the ways that will help to increase blog traffic.
Why Is Blog Traffic Significant?
To be honest, it’s not easy to gain more traffic for your blog; there are many technicalities involved.
Some people think if they write good content, then it is the only thing that they want to increase the traffic in their blog.
However, it is not like this…
you need to do more than writing good content. Although good blog content is also a key for a successful blog, you need to go beyond colossal success.
It is the most common and best practice to promote your blog, which is promoting at different sites. It will surely help you to
- Build credibility,
- and Grow in traffic.
There are specific ways and places to promote your posts to drive more traffic to your blog. A well-known blogger Joseph Jaffe said:
“You should spend 90% of your time shaping your blog and 10% in content writing”.
So, we need to learn about the ways that can play an essential role in enhancing traffic. The visitor of your blog will help to make money from blogging.
Best Ways To Grow Your Blog
Content is the King!
If you have written the best content for your audience, your blog will grow and traffic comes quickly!
But remember to do this regularly. No matter you write a new post once a day (best) or twice per week or even once a month. Just be consistent!
If you want to grow your blog and make money, you need to focus on Search engine optimization (SEO).
It is the process that helps to optime your online content so that a search engine, such as Google and Yahoo, likes to show it as a top result for searches when readers search for a certain keyword.
So, find a good training course about SEO, and learn is one of the success factors for your blogging business. I have learned all my SEO skills and all knowledge about blogging in Wealthy Affiliate. It offers over 50 lessons on its Certification Core Training and 52+ live classes per year.
Well, we all know how social media play an important role in our life. Actually, it does the same role in your online business.
So don’t for your social media!
Create at least 3 social accounts for promoting your blog. Start a Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest account to promote your blog. Due to heavy users of these 3 social medial platform, it can be a means to increase your blog traffic. Visit my Facebook page, Twitter account, and Pinterest to see what one looks like.
Apart from these main 3 social media account, you may also grow your blog via Instagram, MeWe, Linkedin, Reddit, YouTube, etc.
Email is still at the top of the list. If we talk about the results of email marketing, then they are enough to stand out.
According to the statistics, the average ROI for email campaigns in the USA is 44$ for every 1$ spent. Most people still like this medium, and by the end of 2020, expected to reach users around 3 billion. So, here are the following some techniques to use to grow the blog traffic.
- In the first step, you will gather the list of your subscribers. It is one of the best ways to grow blog traffic. Ask your loyal readers and subscribers to comment, engage, and share it with your community.
- If you are going for email marketing, then use the email signature in it. Moreover, you can add the link to your latest blog in the email signature. It will ease your readers to read the content by clicking on the link from their email box.
- You can email your contact list, friends, and family, ask them to promote and share your content in their circle.
In this regard, you can use ConvertKit that offers the best email marketing features. it is another fantastic option that helps to earn money with blogging by growing traffic.
Note: Before choosing a way to promote your blog or taking any action, it is vital to understand your audience’s type. You can grow the blog rapidly if you take audience-focused marketing strategies.
How To Make Money Blogging For Beginners – Step 3: Monetize Your Blog
Hard work indeed gives a reward. But the working path must be in the right direction. According to ProBloggers’ report, only 4% of the bloggers earn more than $10,000/month.
So, if you are finding ways to monetize a blog, your blog should have a specific number of readers. If the blog doesn’t have authority, then you won’t be able to earn money. With this in mind, before heading further for monetization, learn how to start a blog for free, and make money:
- Get traffic to your blog.
- And then figure out the ways to make money from blogging.
How To Make Money Blogging For Beginners – 5 Legit Ways To Montezied Your Blog
There are different ways to earn money with blogging. But according to the survey report of more than 1000 high traffic bloggers, we found some highly profitable practices.
If you are starting the blog, then begin with the types of blogs that make money. Thus, you can decide to start a blog for free and make money.
In this section, you will learn how do beginner blogs make money. So, let’s dig into the 5 most legit ways to earn money online.
# Monetize your blog with advertisement
In this type of monetization, you allocate the ad space on your blog.
You could join different advertising networks, and my first recommendation for new bloggers will be “Google AdSense.” It is the worlds’ largest and most popular advertising network. Above all, it is providing a base to more than 11 million websites for earning money.
The network displays relevant ads on your website that have the base according to your buyers’ interests. As a result, you earn money when the visitor clicks on that ad.
If we look at the stats, then the worlds’ most famous sites are making thousands of dollars with ads. However, if you want to earn money online with this method, you need a lot of traffic per day. Here is the pattern that shows how you can start the advertisement Google Adsense on your blog.
- According to experts’ opinions, you shouldn’t put ads unless you hit 100 visitors per day. If you don’t have enough visitors, then there is no point in placing ads at your site.
- The earnings ratio of AdSense is different for every niche. However, it depends on what the advertiser is willing to pay to Google. For instance, the insurance industry is willing to pay $17.55 per click to Google.
- In addition, according to Google’s revenue policy, you will get 68% per-click that the advertiser pays to Google. For instance, you will get $6.8 if the advertiser pays $10 per click.
In short, don’t go for Google AdSense unless you have a minimum of 100/200 visitors per day. But if the search engines are your only source to drive traffic, you need at least 2-3 months to earn money.
# Earn money online with affiliate marketing
We give the second spot to affiliate marketing. It is the worlds’ most robust way to monetize the blog.
In simple words, it is a blogging method in which you earn money in the account of commission.
It is like the money that you get for every sale by referring to a third-party product. Above all, it is an easy way to earn money without any investment and product launch.
You only need to drive sales to make money. If we look at the stats, the top bloggers make up to $50k with affiliate marketing. The following model is showing how to earn money with blogging and affiliate marketing.
Related Reading: How Affiliate Marketing Works? Be A Successful Affiliate Marketer
- Amazon associates are the most powerful program for affiliate marketing. But you should register yourself with the relevant industry to promote that niche. For instance, if you want to get ads about mattresses, then register yourself with the mattress industry.
- There is no limit, boundary, and barrier in affiliate marketing. In short, if you have a blog, then you can register with lots of related affiliate programs.
- The best thing about affiliate marketing is you don’t need hundreds of customers to earn money. You can even start earning if only the first visitor purchases anything by clicking your link.
- You can earn from $70-$500 per sale if you are promoting web hosting services. So, there is no point until you get hundreds of visitors per day.
Last but not least, don’t fill up the blog with an irrelevant affiliate link. Many people make this mistake, and they put the link even in headers and sidebars. However, the best thing is to add the link to the page where you are talking about that product.
Definitely, if you do this in the right way, it is a fantastic way to earn money online.
#Sell the digital products on your blog and make money:
It is another fantastic monetizing method that is getting popular with every passing day.
Selling digital products has the potential to generate thousands of dollars. It is the method through which you can earn money without getting more traffic on your blog.
Digital products are like e-books, online course training material, etc. You can sell it to people. But the payment methods depend on your policy; you can charge at once or in installments.
Below, is the process is showing how to start a blog for free and make money.
- You can create an online course in any niche in which you have expertise. Above all, it is entirely in your control to set the price; it could come between $7-$3000.
- There are so many industries in which you can earn thousands of dollars per month. For instance, you can offer MS Word, MS Excel, SEO, or digital marketing courses.
- The working of digital courses is different from an advertisement and affiliate marketing. In this way of monetization, people need to trust you if they want to purchase anything. In short, it demands time to build the trust and authority of your blog.
To point out, this industry has the potential to grow up to $300 billion by 2025. However, it is not as easy as it is looking; there are many other things involved in this.
If you want to start a digital course, you should have at least 1000 email subscribers. However, this process can take up to 1-6 months.
But if you take Facebook marketing’s help, you can make a start without any subscribers. In short, people will pay more according to the quality of your content. However, you can charge according to your expertise and the level of problem that you are solving. Most people are using these types of blogs that make money.
# Start selling freelance services:
It is another way of monetization that is near to the product launch, business, or sales. Above all, here you don’t need lots of traffic to start the earning.
In this way, you can offer freelance services like web development, blogging, content writing, and graphic designing, etc.
Many top freelance bloggers are earning from $5,000 each month to $250/hour.
Apart from this, 65% of freelance bloggers believe that freelancing has improved with time. The following stats are enough to think that it is another best way to make money blogging.
- More than 19% of freelancers earned $50,000 last year, which 5% made in six figures.
- Apart from this, 62.5% of freelancers take it as a full-time job with no other side job. It is a reality that marketers are spending $44 billion on content marketing.
Initially, you can promote freelance blogging services through guest posts, in-house blogging, and social media.
But if you offer quality work, then your returning clients are your assets.
- The advantage of selling the services directly on your blog is that you get the chance to brand yourself.
- Apart from this, you can charge higher rates according to your expertise. Along with this, you can offer consultancy services, and it earns more money than freelancing.
- It is comparatively easy to start earning because you only need 2-3 persons to fill up the bank account for a month.
If you want to start the blog, you only need to write 2-3 blogs with long-tail keywords. It is the best way to spread the word about your business on social media and other forums.
The chart shows how you can make a reasonable amount of money by selling your skills virtually.
|Blog post (1000 words)||$50-$30|
|Long-form blog posts (1000-3000)||$250-$1000)|
|Copy editing||You can charge per project|
The above chart is showing that you can easily earn money by blogging freelancing. Above all, if you don’t want to use other mediums, then there is a choice to convert your blog into an earning platform. If you don’t want to convert your blog into an earning platform, there are forums like Fiverr and Upwork. These platforms provide a great chance to earn money online with your professional skills.
# Sell the sponsored blog posts:
Some marketers don’t want to advertise the product through Google Ads. On the other hand, some bloggers don’t want to display ads on their sites.
So, in this situation, selling sponsored blog posts are quite a famous way.
If you show ads on your blog, then there are chances that some readers will lose interest in your blog. As a result, readers will use ad blockers, which ultimately will affect your earning potential.
That’s why many bloggers are using sponsorship as an alternative way for monetization.
A sponsoring works like it does in sports, lifestyle, beauty, or other industries. In this mode of monetization, one company pays the bloggers to write something using their products.
In simple words, it is like the promotion of the product by talking about that. Here is the way to make money from blogging.
- At the start, you can keep an eye on the traffic stats, social media following, reach, and all things that make the blog appealing for advertisers. Finally, after this, you can talk to different companies by showing these stats.
- After finalizing the sponsorship deal, don’t forget to go through the local laws and disclosure policies. For instance, in the USA, the sponsored post should follow the FTC’s sponsorship guides.
In the end, if the post is sponsoring, then you can add the word “Sponsored” in the WordPress title.
After fulfilling all the requirements, you can make money from blogging just by talking about those products.
In simple words, we can call this influence marketing.
Obviously, it is becoming a popular way to start a blog for free and make money. Furthermore, you can earn money online by using social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, etc.
# Other ways to make money from blogging:
Apart from the above ideas, there are many other ways to make money from blogging. There are the following different ways through which beginner blogs make money.
- Selling SEO backlinks to earn money online
- Offer paid speaking gigs
- Launch a virtual summit
- Host webinars
- Site sponsorship
- Offer platform services like Amazon, Fiverr, or Coursera.
- Convert your blog into a dropshipping store
I hope you got an answer to “how to make money with blogging.” There are 65% of freelancers who improved their earning in the past years.
If we look at the record, you will know that SEO is of utmost importance for good making money online and grow your blog. You can also choose email marketing and follow tactics of ON-PAGE and OFF-PAGE SEO to grow traffic on your blog.
It is a vital tip for people who are searching for how to start blogging and want to earn passive income online. But it’s crucial to choose a profitable niche in which you have a deep interest. You can earn money with blogging if you are following this equation.
“Right niche + Quality Content + Effective SEO = Successful blog that makes money.”
Starting a blog is an easy task. But it requires dedication to grow the blog further.
It means if you grow your blog continuously, then it will help to earn money with blogging.
All in all, we have discussed how to build and grow your blog, and plenty of ways to make money blogging online.
In simple words, today, blogs are the most simple and accessible way to earn money online. Like anything else, you will face obstacles here. But you can overcome all these issues in the right direction.
Last but not least, before starting to earn money with blogging, always remember you are speaking to humans. So, try to be you, adventurous, honest, and transparent. It is the only way that will convert your visitors into loyal readers.
Your Action Today
Do you want to learn more about how to make money online? Do you want to make money through blogging?
If you are ready, then don’t think much and take action today! Wealthy Affiliate is a one-stop platform that is made for you. Whether you are just a newbie in blogging or have some experience, join their FREE Starter Membership Account Today to learn more about How to blog and how to make money blogging.
I hope you enjoyed this post on How To Make Money Blogging For Beginners! Please feel free to leave me a comment below if you did or if you have any questions about blogging!
Recommended Resources on Roseblogsmart.com:
- What Is A Blog and How Does Blogging Work? (Let’s Learn All About BLOGGING!)
- How to Create a Blog for Free and Make Money
- 7 Best Free Blogging Platform For Beginners?
- How To Find Blog Niches That Make Money – 5 Easy Steps to Find Your Perfect Niche!
- How To Earn Money Online Without Investment(Free and Low Cost)
- Why Should I Start A Blog? 9 Reasons You Should Start Now!