Disclosure: I am an affiliate of the companies, products, and services covered in this site to help my audiences reach their goals. If you purchase through my link, I get paid for the referral at no cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more info. I sincerely thank you for your support.
Are you looking for an easy way to build a blog and start to make money online? Today, you’ll discover How To Build A Website On Bluehost with 9 simple steps.
Are you looking for a guide to building a website on Bluehost to start blogging?
Building my own website and start my blogging business was the key to change my life, which allowing me to earn thousands of dollars per month while having time to do something I enjoy.
However, if you’re not a “tech” guy, I understand that starting your own website can be intimidating. You’re not alone, so don’t worry.
In fact, building a website is now something that everyone can do.
That’s right, even if you don’t have much experience with design or web creation.
There are a variety of drag-and-drop website builders available to make website building much simpler than it was years ago.
In this article, i will show you how to build a website on Bluehost from start to finish in this tutorial.
Let’s Start NOW!
Firstly, Why Blue Host?
Bluehost is a web hosting company owned by Endurance International Group, and is one of the most well-known web hosting companies in 2021,
It is thriving in the market because of its track record of reliability and speed.
Here are the reasons why I highly recommend hosting your website with Bluehost:
- Easy to use
- Bluehost comes with a one-click WordPress set-up, which makes setting up a WordPress blog a breeze. And, with my tutorial below, ANYONE can easily build their own website.
- 24/7 Technical support
- Every Bluehost account includes free 24/7 lifetime support as well as access to their how-to guide books.
- Very affordable
- Bluehost provides cheap web hosting. You can start your own website for as little as $2.95 per month (with my discount link here)
- Free blog domain
- Free new domain registration or a one-year domain transfer is included in every new Bluehost account.
- Guaranteed reliability
- Bluehost provides a money-back guarantee if you decide it isn’t right for you.
- Recommended host of WordPress
- Bluehost an official recommended hosting provider by ‘WordPress’, and now they currently hosting more than 850,000 WordPress websites.
Related Reading: is Bluehost A Good Hosting? 10 Reasons Why Use Bluehost
Have you started using Bluehost yet?
If not, you can start by familiarizing yourself with my tutorial below. Then, when you’re ready, go to Bluehost to get started – it’s that easy!
Can I build a website on Bluehost?
The answer is simply a “YES”, and you can Build A Website On Bluehost.
Learning how to Build A Website On Build A Website On Bluehost from totally scratch is simpler than ever before.
With the right tools, plan, and guidance, it’s super simple to set your own website in just 30 minutes.
More importantly, it’s necessary for your website and online business’s long-term growth and success.
For the sake of ease, we’ve broken down how to set up a website or blog using WordPress into simple measures.
So, if you want to build your own website, here is a step-by-step guide to help you get started.
- Get Started and Choose the Blue Host Plan
- Purchase Your Website’s Name on Bluehost
- Installing WordPress
- Choose the most appropriate WordPress theme
- Edit Your Website details
- Install the WordPress plugins that are needed.
- Set up The “Must-Need” Pages Of Your Blog
- Organize your website Menu
- Create and Publish your First Posts
None of the steps involve advanced technological skills, and I’ll walk you through the entire process of setting up a website.
Isn’t it sounding good? Let’s get started with the guide below.
How do I start a website with Bluehost? 9 Easy Steps
Step #1: Get Started and Choose the Blue Host Plan
Next, you will be sent to a page to choose the plan you would like to register for.
It is categorized into 4 different packages:
- Basic Plan – For those only running one site.
- Plus Plan – If you need multiple sites.
- Chose Plus Plan – If you need more privacy and security features.
- Pro Plan – For those need more power with optimized web resources.
For starters, I will recommend you to select the BASIC plan for 12 months, this package already includes all the necessary features for beginners.
Moreover, if you register with Bluehost 12 month BASIC plan, you will get a FREE domain for the first year.
Thus, this makes it worthwhile to sign up for at least a 12-month basic plan with Bluehost because you would save a great deal of money.
Step #2: Purchase Your Website’s Name on Bluehost
When you’re starting your own website on Bluehost, the first thing after you selecting your plan is to think about what you want your domain name to be and purchase it.
I came up with my blog name with my own name “Rose”.
But you can pick your website name with any words you want. But just make sure that your blog name will be related to the niche of your website, and easy for your visitor to remember.
If you already have a domain name, just simply type it into the box on the right.
Or you can’t decide your website name for now? Don’t worry, and Bluehost allows you to create your domain later.
p.s. When you decide on your domain, make it carefully as it will be your website name in the later stage.
No matter you’ve decided on a domain name that is available for purchase, or you choose to create it later, the next step is to purchase it!
Bluehost will help you get your domain and make the whole process very easy.
On the next page, you’ll need to fill in your personal information on Bluehost.
After it, confirm the package you selected:
Keep an eye out for pre-checked add-ons package extras. Uncheck the boxes if you do not want the optional features.
To be honest, all these Bluehost’s added-on features are pretty good.
As you try to set up a website and build your audience, having good search engine optimization (SEO) can be a huge help.
The higher your site ranks in search engines such as Google, the more visitors you will receive.
Of course, I suggest you keep it simple and uncheck the boxes if you are still unsure does Bluehost is the right thing for you.
All those features can always be added at a later stage.
Creating a Bluehost account is just as simple as that! You’re almost there – Create your own account NOW!
Step #3: Installing WordPress
Now that you’ve completed the signup process and gained access to your Bluehost account, you can begin installing WordPress!
This could seem to be the most difficult move for those who have no experience with website building.
But… just breathe and take it easy!
Bluehost has worked hard to make it one of the most straightforward by allowing you to install WordPress automatically with one click function within a minute.
It will walk you through exactly what you need to do to build your website after you create your password.
- Bluehost will first ask you to few simple questions and choose your theme.
- You can either choose one theme at random or choose one that you really like. You can change it later, so it’s not a big deal, or you can skip this move entirely.
- To make it simple, you may skip all those question and theme picking, then it will install WordPress for you automatically.
Congratulation and that it is! You have successfully installed WordPress on your Bluehost account!
Step #4: Choose the most appropriate WordPress theme
Ok, after you’ve installed WordPress, but it doesn’t mean that your site is alive at this stage.
It will simply show a page that says “Coming Soon.” And it’s time to set up your website in WordPress.
Before you can launch your WordPress site through Bluehost, you must first set it up and design it.
- Now, back to the dashboard on your account, where you can use the blue button on the right to access the WordPress admin.
- Your WordPress dashboard should look something like this once you’ve logged in.
- Click the “Appearance” option in the sidebar menu.
- Then, select “Themes.”
- Click the “Add New” button at the top of the page to search for the theme options WordPress provides.
- There are plenty of free themes to choose from, as shown below.
- Themes like “Kadence“, “Astra“, “OceanWP” are the most popular WordPress theme for bloggers.
Click on the theme you like, and it is DONE! Then you will be able to build your website site.
I am using the “Kadence” for this blog because it’s basic, user-friendly, free to use, and it’ll get you off to a great start with different kinds of home page templates.
You can change your theme at any time because there are thousands to choose from.
Step #5 Edit Your Website details
After your pick your favorite theme, it’s time to set your website details.
When you visit a website, you will typically see a site name and a tagline. It’s time to decide your own one.
- You can decide your under Site Name and Tagline under the “Setting” option in the sidebar menu, and then “General Setting”
- Your Sitename is best to match your URL name, i.e. your domain name.
- The tagline should be the words you want to describe your website
Step #6: Install the WordPress plugins that are needed.
Plugins are a set of resources and tools that work with your website to enhance its functionality.
It’s critical to choose the best plugin for SEO and site speed when building up your website.
The only issue is that there are literally thousands of plugins to choose from in the digital marketplace.
To help you cut through the clutter, here are some must-have WordPress plugins you should consider. These are plugins that many digital marketers or web designers would recommend.
To install the plugins, click the “Plugin” option in the sidebar menu, and then the “Add new”
- The most important plugin for your website is Yoast SEO.
- The Yoast WordPress plugin allows you to optimize your post title, meta descriptions, content length, and other elements of your posts throughout your entire blog so that search engines can find you more easily.
- ShortPixel reduces the size of all of your photos, allowing your pages to load faster. I’ve tried a lot of image compression software and found ShortPixel to be the best.
- WP Rocket is a plugin that assists you in cleaning up any unused data that might be slowing down your site.
- Caching reduces the time it takes for a page to load, which is critical for improving SEO and increasing conversions. When you enable WP Rocket, page caching is run right away.
- MonsterInsights is a free Google Analytics plugin that lets you see all of your related analytics data right inside WordPress.
- Connect the plugin to your Google Analytics account to see who visits your site, how long they stay, and which pages or articles are the most popular
- Elementor is a software program that allows you to create a beautiful home page and about page.
- You can still use Elementor as a basic page builder if you don’t want to deal with themes. This is the most popular and user-friendly visual editor for WordPress.
Step #7: Set up The “Must-Need” Pages Of Your Blog
Yes, i know that you’re now so excited to launch your website, but before it, you should have a few important pages in your website’s top menu navigation, which includes
- the About Page
- The Home Page
- The Contact Page
- The Legal Pages
p.s. Remember to select “Page.” in the side menu, not “Posts”. The reason is that all POSTS allow comments on them, and I don’t want to put comments and feedback on these pages on my website.
# “About” Page
You must create confidence with your audience to develop a brand online in any niche.
The easiest way to do this at first is to create an “about” page. Any good website will provide details about the company’s brand, who they are, and why they want to assist others.
Here are some ideas for you to write your “About” page:
- who you are and your story
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- Build trust with your readers by utilizing your expertise or background.
- The problem you’re addressing and how you’ve overcome similar challenges as your audience.
- Your story of success.
I wrote my About page like this to keep readers engaged.
I start with the problem i have faced before and follow with my story.
# Home Page
The home page is simply the main URL of your website
It is a webpage that acts as the website’s initial landing page and loads when your visitors come to your domain name.
For example, visiting https://roseblogsmart.com will display the homepage of this website.
The aim of this page is to sell the unique value of your website, so it shouldn’t include every little detail about your site.
If a visitor arrives at your home page and does not immediately grasp the purpose of your site, they may leave and never return.
As mentioned in the above section, the plugin “Elementor” is highly recommended for Homepage building. It offers easy-to-use Drag-and-drop content blocks, such as text, photographs, videos, color blocks, and more.
Your home page should include the following elements:
- A headline and subheadline about your website in a hero image or slider.
- A few sentences which tell your visitors all about your website
- Internal links for the visitor easy access to the most important content of your website
# Contact Page
Ideally, the contact page of your website should include both an email address and a contact form for visitors to complete.
You should also include your company’s address (if you have one) and phone number, as well as any other information which you think your readers may find useful.
# Legal Pages
If you’re just starting a website for fun, then you can skip this section.
But if your website is run for commercial use and want to make money online, having legal pages on your website is important.
I highly recommend that you review the various free online tools available to assist you in developing the legal pages (such as privacypolicies.com) and decide exactly what you’re needed and which one is the best fit for your website.
In general, below are the most important legal pages a commercial website should have
- Terms & Conditions
There are numerous online tools to help you make legal pages (such as termsfeed.com). Therefore, I recommend you visit them to find out exactly what is needed.
Step #8: Organize your website Menu
One thing we must always keep in mind is that we are creating websites for our readers, i.e. real PEOPLE.
How you present your content should be dictated by your readers and how they will interpret your content and navigation.
To put it another way, if your website is difficult to use, visitors will leave it. They may not read your content before moving on to another website.
So, it’s important to set up the primary menu of your website to improve your website’s “page views” and total sales.
So, what is the purpose of the menu?
The menu, which is normally displayed as a strip of clickable links at the top of your website, enables users to access different sections of the site that you deem relevant. It aids in site navigation and improves the reader’s overall experience.
A custom menu can be created in a few simple steps:
- Click on ‘Appearance,’ then ‘Menus,’ from the dashboard.
- Choose which things you’d like to see on the menu: posts, pages, categories, to your menu, or a combination of them.
- After you’ve made your choices, click ‘Add to Menu.’
- Check the ‘Primary Menu’ box at the bottom of the page. If your theme supports several menus, you’ll see them here as well.
- Select ‘Save Menu’ from the drop-down menu.
You can be updated at any time, so there’s no need to get it exactly right the first time.
Step #9: Create and Publish your First Posts
Yeah, that’s it! We’re almost done!
You have created your website on Bluehost and the final step is to create and publish your great content.
It can include all of your articles, blogs, and stories, as well as photos, videos, gifs, and hyperlinks.
You’ll go to the “Add New Post” section of your WordPress Dashboard once you’ve decided on the first content you want to publish.
- Go to Posts > Add New in the dashboard and create your first post:
Each new page/post you create should target a different keyword.
This means that every page/post will have a chance to rank in Google for that specific keyword, resulting in traffic.
Keep in mind that Google and other search engines exist due to CONTENT.
You’ll be able to achieve great rankings if you can produce high-quality content (that targets the right keywords which people search for).
You should always add value to your readers in your content. Here are the tips on how to create your content that gets read:
- Choose a compelling topic
- Add captivating Headings
- Craft SEO optimized title
- Optimize the Meta description
- Add graphic effects to the content
- Write A Perfect Blog Post with an attention-grabbing introduction
- Don’t forget to add sub-headings
- Make the body of the article attractive
- Some more useful tips about how to Write A Perfect Blog Post Body:
- Tie all content with a firm conclusion
- Include a compelling Call-To-Action
- Get the help of different writing tools, such as Grammarly to eliminate punctuation, grammatical, and reporting errors.
How much does Bluehost charge to build a website?
For starters, the Basic Plan is far more than enough. And all Bluehost plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee which you no need to worry about if it won’t fit your need.
The cheapest plan shown below is at $2.95/month through my link vs. the normal $8.99/month.
|Basic Plan||Plus Plan||Choice Plus Plan||Pro Plan|
|12 Month Plan*||$ 5.95/mo||$ 7.95/mo||$ 8.95/mo||$ 16.95/mo|
|24 Month Plan*||$ 4.95/mo||$ 6.95/mo||$ 7.95/mo||$ 12.95/mo|
|36 Month Plan*||$ 2.95/mo||$ 5.45/mo||$ 5.45/mo||$ 13.95/mo|
|Refund policy||30 days||30 days||30 days||30 days|
|Free SSL Certificate||Included||Included||Included||Included|
|Free domain name||1st year||1st year||1st year||1st year|
|Advanced backup||No||No||Included first year||Included|
|Optimized CPU Resources||No||No||No||Yes|
|Free Office 365||No||30 days||30 days||30 days|
|Free Domain Privacy||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|24/7 Tech Support||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
build a website on Bluehost: Summary
That’s it! We’re up and going! Isn’t that amazing?
With the 9 simple steps by steps we discussed, you didn’t have to burn a hole in your pocket to have a website with Bluehost.
Let’s recap the steps below:
- 1: Get Started and Choose the Blue Host Plan
- 2: Purchase Your Website’s Name on Bluehost
- 3: Installing WordPress
- 4: Choose the most appropriate WordPress theme
- 5 Edit Your Website details
- 6: Install the WordPress plugins that are needed.
- 7: Set up The “Must-Need” Pages Of Your Blog
- 8: Organize your website Menu
- 9: Create and Publish your First Posts
Remember, if you are ready to build your website with Bluehost and sign up via this tutorial guide, you’ll get a special deal of $2.95/month (Normally
$8.99), and a free domain name for a year!
Now, it’s your turn. Why not build your website TODAY?
Start a website now with Bluehost and get a discount on your hosting plan ($2.95/month).
Action is magic. Pin now!